Since its founding in 1977 by Alain Simard, André Ménard and Denyse McCann, L’Équipe Spectra has contributed to developing and raising the profile of the Montreal cultural scene on both the national and international level, with an array of major productions and events including:
- major popular events such as the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal, Francos de Montréal and MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE, that celebrate music, the arts and gastronomy;
- a rich variety of high-quality stage productions, conceived and developed for touring purposes;
- Spectra Musique, a daring disc label featuring both emerging stars and big names on the local and international scenes;
- the Maison du Festival, a one-of-a-kind cultural complex housing a live showroom, restaurant, jazz resource centre and cinémathèque right in the heart of the Quartier des spectacles;
- a dynamic artists’ agency representing some of the most talented and highly respected artists on the Québec and French cultural scenes;
- three renowned concert halls: MTELUS, M2 and e Studio TD;
- a complete service for organizing corporate events and cultural sponsorship.